Project planning and control.
Become a sharper project manager with better planning and follow-up.
This course is the natural step after XLPM for Project Managers and will equip you with a valuable tool box of project management skills together with the knowledge of which tool to use in a specific situation.
After the course you will:
- Possess a valuable tool box of project management skills and techniques
- Know the key principles for project planning and project steering
- Be able to develop effective planning strategies
- Be able to manage both known and unknown risks
- Be able to quantify the risk contingency
- Set and track the project baseline
- Know different techniques to estimate project progress and know which technique to use in a specific situation
- Be able to use Earned Value Management for project follow-up and forecasting
- Be able to use Milestone Trend Analysis for project follow-up and forecasting
As a project manager you will face increasing demands to keep the project within budget and to deliver within the time schedule. In this course we explore how you can work in a structured way by systematic planning and control of the project. The course offers great room for discussions and practical exercises including a case study to practice your new skills.
- Why we plan – prerequisites for successful projects
- A framework for planning
- Structuring and documentation of work packages
- Estimation techniques
- Advanced sequencing activities
- Resource planning
- Developing a time schedule
- Risk and buffer planning
- Project steering with Earned Value Management
- Project steering with Milestone Trend Analysis
- Change management
Project managers and other roles involved in project planning or project steering
Basic training (XLPM) for project managers or similar course
PDU (Professional Development Units)