Project planning and control.
Become a sharper project manager with better planning. This course provides powerful tools to lead the project toward success.
After the course you will:
- Know the key principles for project planning and project steering
- Understand the reason for, and be able to develop effective planning strategies
- Be able to manage risks in projects
- Be able to use Earned Value Management on a basic level
- Have applied project planning and project steering on an exercise project
As a project manager you will face increasing demands to keep the project within budget and to deliver within the time schedule. In this course we explore how you can work in a structured way by systematic planning and control of the project. The course offers great room for discussions and practical exercises of the activities in the planning phase.
- Definition of the project
- Why we plan
- Determining framework for planning
- Structuring and documentation of work packages
- Estimation techniques
- Sequencing activities
- Resource planning
- Developing a time schedule
- Risk and buffer planning
- Project steering with Earned Value Management
- Project steering with milestone monitoring
- Change management
Project managers and other roles involved in project planning or project steering
PDU (Professional Development Units)