In this course, you will get a simple and comprehensive model for portfolio management and how it can be introduced into an organization.
After the training you will:
- Understand how effective portfolio management is closely associated with the company’s other main processes
- Be familiar with a comprehensive model for portfolio management
- Understand the roles, documents, methods and techniques within portfolio management
- Understand how an organization can achieve efficient portfolio management
A model will be presented that supports two important elements in effective and successful portfolio management.
The first part describes how to optimize your organization’s portfolio in line with the organization’s strategy and business objectives. We discuss how you select and prioritize between various initiatives, as well as how to identify the tasks, projects and programs to be included in the project portfolio.
The second part describes how to increase the organization’s ability to deliver results through effective management of resources in the current assignments, projects, and programs.
During the training we will also highlight the challenges a modern, project oriented organization is facing and identify strategies for a successful introduction of portfolio management.
The training is based on Semcon’s project methodology XLPM – Excellence in Project Management, and is in line with current standards from PMI and ISO.
- Portfolio management in a strategic context
- A life cycle model for portfolio management
- Roles, responsibilities and authority within portfolio management
- Document templates
- An overview of the portfolio management knowledge areas
- Introducing portfolio management in a project intense environment
The training is intended for people with strategic and tactical responsibility for management in the role of, for example, managing director, member of the management team, product manager, project office manager, line manager or an operative project manager who coordinates portfolios.
Experience from project intense business