Microsoft Project virtual classroom.
Learn the benefits of MS Project, a powerful project management tool that helps you to manage the project on schedule, with the right resources and with excellent results.
After the training you will:
- Be able to use Microsoft Project to plan your projects.
Microsoft Project is a powerful tool that helps you to break down projects in manageable parts which give you a possibility to plan, administer, follow-up and manage the project. The training is addressed to companies and organizations that are using or will start using Microsoft Project.
The great power and flexibility of Microsoft Project is really a two-edged sword, while you need to determine which options, settings, views, functions etc. to use in your project. There are a lot to choose between, and this training will guide you to a simple and straight forward path.
- Short introduction of the steps in project planning
- Creating tasks
- Set task duration
- Create a logic network (linking tasks)
- Create resources
- Assign resources
- Activity calendar
- External dependencies
- Deadline and Constraints
- Project baseline
- Simulated run of an exercise project where status information is entered in MS Project
- % Complete
- Progress when tasks are on plan
- Respond to delay by adding resource
- Solve resource over-allocation by resource Levelling
- Choose Task Types to control effect of changes
- Handle resource shortage
- Filters, Formatting, Settings
- Distribute your plan
The training is intended for those that work as a project planner, project manager or project administrator.
The training is also popular among managers who want to better understand how to read a MS Project Schedule and understand its limits and potential.
- The course assumes that you have prior project management training, for example Basic training (XLPM) for project managers, or have experience in this area.
- An installation of Microsoft Project Professional, English version.