From the very start, we at Semcon have focused on the people behind the technology: Our colleagues, customers, partners and end users. This is how we can support companies and organisations all around the world in creating solutions that actually make a difference. For people and for our planet.
- 1980 Semcon was founded in Västerås. The name is an abbreviation of Scandinavian Engineering and
- 1983 Expansion to more locations and fields of competence begins.
- 1985 Head office moves to Göteborg.
- 1994 International expansion starts with operations in the UK.
- 1997 Semcon listed on the stock exchange.
- 2007 Acquisition of IVM Automotive with operations in Germany and Brazil as well as Caran with
operations in Sweden and India.
- 2012 Acquisition of Germany-based product information company Comet.
- 2013 Extensive organisational changes towards a market-oriented structure within engineering services.
- 2015 Norway-based Kongsberg Devotek, active in engineering and development services, becomes wholly
owned by Semcon.
- 2016 Launch of new communication strategy and positioning.
- 2017 Divestment of the German operations in Engineering Services in February.
- 2018 Acquisition of the German product information company Haas-Publikationen.
- 2019 Semcon’s largest business area, Engineering Services, was restructured and changed name to
Engineering & Digital Services.
- 2020 Semcon acquired Sweden-based Xtractor, active in digital training solutions, in March. In October,
Semcon’s Indian operations were divested.
- 2021 Semcon acquired Swedish IT companies Squeed and Tedsys, and UK company Walkgrove with operations in digital learning.