Authoring tools for digital learning.
Are you looking for tools to create engaging interactive digital education (e-learning)? At Semcon, we have an extensive experience with authoring tools. Alongside our customers, we have created thousands of educations using these tools.
There are a variety of authoring tools on the market, each with its own strengths (and limitations). Which tool does the job best, depends on the needs and conditions that apply in each individual instance.
At Semcon, we have experience with all the leading tools on the market. We have particularly extensive experience from working with the tools we can provide ourselves, which you will find below. These too have different strengths and characteristics, but they have a lot of things in common, such as that they:
- Support effective learning experiences and provides space for good pedagogical design
- Fulfills high levels, regarding web accessibility
- Are based on responsive web design, which means that the content is optimized based on a user’s screen size (computer, tablet or mobile)
- Supports implementation tracking, through standards such as SCORM and xAPI
The differences between the tools include the level of prior knowledge required for the course creator. The extent to which the content can be designed completely in line with your brand and whether it is relevant with a more automated production, where course content can be dynamically kept updated from for example a CMS. (The latter – is above all, a common wish when it comes to training related to product information – an area that we have solid experience of at Semcon.)
Examples of authoring tools:
- Adapt Builder – cloud-based and full-scale authoring tool for people with high ambitions
- H5P – tool for smoothly creating a large variety of forms of interactive content, not least suitable for micro-learning
- XML-based production tools – where the content can be dynamically updated
Feel free to contact us for a closer dialogue about how we at Semcon can help your organization.