Do you want to be part of one of Norway's most exciting technological workplace? Are you genuinely interested in how new technology can bring value in a sustainable direction?
We have a wide variety of customers and you will get experience within many different industries, technologies and systems. Together with our customers we are creating new, complex systems from idea to finished solution: this is your field of interest.
The Control Systems & Digital Solutions Department in Norway develops Control Systems, Software, Data Science applications, Electronics and Electrical Systems for a number of applications in various market segments. We are currently working on Electrification, Autonomous Solutions, Connected Products (IOT) and Digitalization for Norwegian and International customers. We are a team of 27 people today and we use various type of tools, such as Jira, Jenkins, Bitbucket, VS Code, QT studio, Figma and more.
Your role as a developer:
- You define and coordinate new functions and changes in the system architecture.
- In addition, you implement features, test them in simulation, hardware and in the product itself
- You are responsible for requirements such as the overall performance, quality, safety and security aspects of the software components.
- Developing tools and frameworks to support software development, design and testing is also part of your job.
What about you:
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, embedded systems or related field.
- Professional experience in embedded software development with C++ or a highlevel language like C# or Java.
- Expertise in CI and test automation as well as software quality practices is a plus.
- Readiness to work according to an agile development methodology such as Scrum.
- Programming experience in Linux, windows or cloud environments.
We can offer you:
- Challenging tasks in a creative environment
- Knowledge sharing and personal development through multi-disciplinary expert groups
- A committed, innovative and informal work environment
- Able to make an impact in a small organization
- Variation in work tasks with customers in many different segments
- Flexible work hours and opportunity to work partly from home (remote work)
- Work-life balance
- Location in the technology city Kongsberg
Semcon is an international technology company with headquarter based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Semcon Norge is located in Kongsberg with about 85 employees. We are a product development house and we do in-house projects for our customers in very different market segments. We aim to solve customer needs and bring new, sustainable products, services and businesses to the market. Our business platform is to help our customers see the potential for competitive advantage where new technology is the driving force in seeing new opportunities. We perform business- and technology development within e.g ocean space, life science, industry and renewable energy. We work interdisciplinary from early idea-phase to finished product or solution, in diverse teams across the fields of mechanics, cybernetics, electronics and software. And our in-house workshop and laboratory give us the opportunity to do quick prototyping, testing and product verification.
Thomas Eriksen, Team Manager: +47 97 18 98 16
Jardar Hvidsten, Team Manager: +47 90 17 65 32