To be a successful project owner/sponsor
How engaged are you in your management role? Are you acting as a sponsor in a proper way? Are you part of a steering committee or are you participating actively in it? Achieve the knowledge of what is expected from you in the different roles to lead projects to success!
Objectives – after the course you will:
- Understand how to guide and support the project
- Understand the importance of identifying and following up the benefits of the project
- Be able to use a project methodology to achieve business goals
- Be able to apply a method for assessing and making business decisions in projects
To have a management role in a project means to actively participate in the work to realize management’s strategic objectives. The value of the project and the final result depends on the project sponsor’s ability to identify the benefits, make business decisions and monitor the effects. In this course this theory is translated into practice through discussions.
The training is based on Semcon´s project methodology XLPM – Excellence in Project Management and is in line with current PMI and ISO standards.
- Identify proper actions to get from what is needed to a result, overall value analysis – benefits – outcome.
- How to manage temporary work?
- Initiate projects; write a project plan including scope and delimitations
- Apply decision methods in the daily work – make value adding decisions, assessment of risks and uncertainties, resource planning
- Manage and control a steering committee
- Status Reporting, how to handle scope changes
- Control the project and support the project manager
- Final report, evaluate and perform lessons learned
The training will be useful for project managers, sponsors, clients, steering committee members, senior management roles and managers of the organization running the project. The course can be carried out internally and adjusted to suite your specific area of operation.
Experience as project sponsor or member of a steering committee.
PDU (Professional Development Units)