Effective requirements management is a key to successful customer deliveries, development projects and administration of products. Learn how to manage the requirements of your project or organization. Find out how expectations of customers, operation managers and other project stakeholders can be formulated into concrete requirement specifications that are clear and relevant.
During this training you will learn a structured approach that facilitates communication and information management, both within the company and with external stakeholders.
After the training you will:
- Have a good understanding of the purpose of requirement management and its use
- Have a basic knowledge of requirement management and how to write useful specifications for increased target achievement
- Have carried out practical exercises in how to break down the requirements and how to write good requirements specs
A common reason why projects don’t deliver on time, on budget and to the right quality is poor requirement management. It is a big advantage if you before project start, analyze the requirement specification and initially provide the right conditions for the project. How will the requirements be managed during the project and what will the administration and maintenance look like? Are the requirements supposed to live with the product/plant throughout the life-cycle, even after the end of the project?
Most standards and training in requirement management are designed for development of system and software. In this course we will take a broader approach and begin with looking at requirement management at an enterprise level. Then we deepen into requirement management of changes or development of services, products and processes, as well as complete plants.
- Purpose and benefits of work structured by requirement management
- Different types of requirements and their range of application
- Relationship to configuration and change management
- Standards, work methods and processes
- To break down and formulate clear demands
- Requirements specification and follow-up
- Requirements during the product’s life cycle
Product owners, project owners, project managers, lead engineers, designers, feature managers, validation engineers, managers or people who want to develop their skills in requirements and follow-up
1 day (8 hours). Can be combined with workshops.