Manage an assignment
To manage an assignment or project, what is the actual difference? Learn the basics in managing an assignment in an efficient and organized manner.
After the course you will have knowledge in:
- The basics in analyzing and defining an assignment
- Roles and responsibilities in an assignment
- The lifecycle for an assignment
- Document templates
- How you can use activities from the project management knowledge areas to prepare and carry out the assignment
In this course you develop your ability to plan and manage an assignment within time and budget in a structured work procedure. As an assignment manager you will learn how to set the right level for documentation to achieve an efficient and organized work procedure. The course is based on the project management knowledge areas but highlights the characteristics of an assignment and what is needed to succeed.
- What are the characteristics of an assignment?
- Roles and responsibilities
- Ordering an assignment
- Successful communication
- Milestones in an assignment
- Developing a simple time plan
- Estimate the cost for the assignment
- Working with risks
- Dealing with changed requirements
This course is designed for those who need to learn how to analyze and plan a relatively easy undertaking. For those who manage more complex and comprehensive work, the course in project management is recommended.