Basic training (XLPM) for project managers
Learn the basics in project management and understand which pieces of the puzzle that needs to be in place in order to manage successful projects.
Objectives – after the training you will:
- Understand the project work form and the importance of a common project culture
- Understand the project roles and responsibilities in an organization running multiple projects
- Be able to use XLPM for efficient management of a project
Doing the right things may sound obvious. But what is ”right” for one person may not be the same for someone else. One of your most important assignments as a project manager is to make it clear who is responsible for what and the time frames that apply for everyone in your team. To accomplish this it is important that you have the right tools.
In this course we will explore how you can create consensus, clarity and propulsion in your project. To further establish your project management ability, we will practice our skills in a smaller project that we follow from start to end.
The training is based on Semcon´s project methodology XLPM – Excellence in Project Management which is in line with current PMI and ISO standards.
- Challenges in the projects
- XLPM – Structure and brief history
- Projects and other ways to manage work
- Project roles, responsibility and authority
- Project life cycle model in XLPM
- Document templates in XLPM
- The business perspective – create conditions for successful projects
- Agile approach in projects and on projects
- A human perspective on project work
- Project management knowledge areas in theory and practice
The training is intended for those that want to become a project manager or those that already have been working as a project manager for some time and want to improve their knowledge.
Also those who have other roles that have a strong link to the project activities, such as project sponsors, project steering group members, resource owners, process owners, quality managers and project receivers, can benefit from the training.
This course is IPMA registered. Read more here ->